Review: Home Is Where My People Are (Sophie Hudson)




List Price: 15.99
ISBN: 978-1-4143-9173-1
Trim Size: 5 1/2 x 8 1/4
Binding: Softcover
Release: February 2015
Memoir












              "Home Is Where My People Are" is, as author Sophie Hudson says, " real stories, about the real lives of real people." Some of the names have been changed to protect their identity.
                The author reminds the reader of a time not too long ago when kids were free and there were very few "helicopter parents". Sophie also talks about dysfunction in families, showing the reader that all families are dysfunctional in some manner, even if very subtle.
                 Through this work, I was inspired in my walk with the Lord. So many times I have been drawn to the negative aspects of my own life, as well as those of others.
                  The author is light-hearted and encourages the reader to focus on Jesus. In referencing her own experience at a camp called "Camp Wesley Pines", Sophie heard the gospel message. "You are a sinner. God loves you anyway. God sent His Son, Jesus, to bear the weight of your sins and die in your place. Are you willing to lay down your life, take up your cross, and follow Him?" (pg 17)
                   Although I believe women of all ages would enjoy this book, I highly recommend it to older teenage girls and women in their early twenties.

Read: First Chapter
Press Release


Author Bio:

Sophie Hudson began her blog, BooMama.net, in 2005, which means shes now been blogging for three times as long as the mid-90's stirrup pants craze. She is also a contributor to the Pioneer Women's blog, serves as co-emcee of LifeWay's dotMOM event, and the author of A Little Salty To Cut The Sweet. She enjoys laughing until she cries, cheering like crazy during a college football game, and hanging out with her people (preferably while wearing pajama pants). She lives with her husband and son in Birmingham, Alabama.

Connect with Sophie:
BooMama Blog
Sophie Hudson on Twitter
Sophie Hudson on Facebook



Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes from Tyndale House.
             

Comments

Linda Kay said…
Looks like a great recommendation, Michelle.
This sounds really good! I love memoirs.
I am still wishing your son well.
Marilyn said…
I really liked your review on Sophie Hudson's "Home is Where My People Are". From your review I gather that Sophie portrays her own life honestly and lives life to the full.

Thank you for the review.
Sandee said…
Sounds like a very good read. Being young and in a dysfunctional family is difficult to say the least. I know because I was in one. Very difficult.

Have a blessed day. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding