Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Colour Purple
It's time to join in with Hodgepodge Wednesday.
Joyce asks the questions, bloggers post their answers.
We would love for you to click the button and join us!
(1) When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol).
A- I recently spoke to someone from a government run agency and I would put that experience at 5 on the scale.
(2) The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
A- When I consider a candidate to vote for I have never thought about their college education. So, no, it would not be a deciding factor for President, or any public office. However, upon seeing Walker attended a university but did not finish, that is what bothers me. Why didn't he finish? What were his grades? If he does become President, will he begin something and then bail out? This would be my concerns for any candidate in public office, whether that of President or less weighty. I only focus my answer on Walker because that is who this question mentions.
(3) When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?
A- I don't think I ever have as long as I have lived.
(4) February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so :) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?
A- I did not know it was National Almond Day. However, I do like almonds though Brazil nuts are my favorite. I like other nuts, too. My least favorite are cashews. Yes, I digress! Back on topic, I like mixed nuts, with almonds, and M&M's with almonds. I also like almond milk, does that count? I prefer it over dairy milk.
(5) The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated its 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?
A- I have never been a fan of SNL.
(6) Anything purple within 10 feet of you? What is it?
A- Yes, my son's WCU football jacket.
(7) Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I(Joyce) was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at A Penchant For Pens. Thanks Zoanna!
She asks,"How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it - pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?"
A- I rarely make my bed. HA! Hubby makes it most everyday while I am in the kitchen preparing his breakfast. We then sit down together and I read to him whatever book we are currently on, while he eats. As for making the bed, we both make it the same way. we pull the covers half-way over the pillows and never, not ever, tuck the covers in.
(8) Insert your own random thought here:
How do you make your bed?