Review:The Trouble with Patience



             This is book one in the Virtues and Vices of the Old West series, by author Maggie Brendan.
              Patience Cavanaugh, a full-figured, independent lady has inherited a boardinghouse after the passing of her grandmother.
              Jedidiah Jones, the rugged town marshall, known for hanging criminals, yet he is sweet on Patience. They live in the gold rush boom-town of Nevada City, Montana.
              Although this is a historical romance novel, there are unexpected twists, with a bit of uncertainty, uneasiness, and suspicion. These factors lead to an eagerness to continue reading. This is a "hang on to the edge of your seat" novel.
              There are several inspiring messages scattered throughout the novel. A few quotes that have special meaning to me include: (1) "Try not to dwell on what you can't change" (pg# 174), (2) "God forgives us no matter what we've done, so why shouldn't we forgive ourselves?" (pg# 215), (3) God loves us, even when we sin and make mistakes." (pg# 223)
               I believe the overall inspiring message is that we can be forgiven regardless of our past.
               This is part one of a series I plan to continue reading, and one I would recommend to readers of historical fiction.

Disclaimer: I received this book free from Revell Reads in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Sandee said…
Sounds like a great read. You also did a great job with your review.

Have a blessed Sunday. :)
You have piqued my curiosity. I wonder what their idea of full figured is? Whatever it is, I like that somebody is writing about a real person for once! ;) Thanks for posting. I will add it to my wish list. I just posted a book review with a contest to win the book if you are interested.
http://bluejeansandteacups.blogspot.com/2015/02/book-review-after-fashion-and-contest.html
Blessings and a cup of tea,
-Heather Elizabeth
Nice review! Sounds like a fun book.
LuAnn Braley said…
I love Christian fiction and I love historical fiction. How great to have both of those in one! I've TBR'd this on GoodReads. And there is a contest there for this title until March 2!
Michelle F said…
Hi, LuAnn!

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you win a copy of the book!
Amanda Holmes said…
This book looks interesting! I love that it sounds like it has some different plot twists.;)
Dee said…
Thanks for sharing this review, Michelle because I'm almost finished the book I'm reading now. It's called, All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes and I've been enjoying it so far... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean