Review: Mother Chicken's Eggs: Choosing to Grow into Greater Things


List Price: 14.99
ISBN: 0991007034
Release: January 27, 2015
Format: Paperback
Parable















              "Mother Chicken's Eggs: Choosing to Grow into Greater Things" is the first in a series called the Fable Springs Parables. My friend and author Kathryn Ross, along with her illustrator Noah Berge, has compiled this wonderful 48 page parable everyone could learn from.
               I was drawn to this book by its beautiful illustrations. As I opened up the pages to the Fable Springs Village, I found a map to guide me on my way. It was a welcome surprise to find the familiar Old MacDonald's Farm.
              With the author's flowing words the reader is reminded that the lessons we learn help us grow into greater things. The author uses terms simple enough for a child, yet giving readers of all ages something to ponder on.
               The reader might be interested to note that this book was inspired by a quote from author C.S. Lewis literary gem "Mere Christianity".
                I received the pdf version from Kathryn Ross, however it is available for purchase as an ebook or in print. I believe the print version would be preferable to the other.
                The Family Discussion Guide, at the end of the book, would be excellent for families or home school settings. It could be incorporated into your family devotions. For personal application you are free to read each question and choose those that best apply to your situation.


Author Bio:

Kathryn Ross is a writer/speaker/enrichment artist inspiring a love of God through the power of story! Delighting family-friendly audiences in Southern New Jersey, she ministers literacy and Christian living principles in schools, churches, women's groups, community events, retreats, and conferences. Trained in Principle Approach Education, Miss Kathy has taught in Christian & home school settings, and is an independent publisher at Pageant Wagon Publishing--putting a host of her original stories, devotional works, teaching materials, and theatrical plays into print. She blogs at www.thewritersreverie.com. Learn more at www.pageantwagonpublishing.com.

Disclaimer: I received the pdf version of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

I am linking up with Freedom Fridays at Love Bakes Good Cakes.

Comments

Linda Kay said…
Michelle, nice review of the book. I'll look it up next time I'm in B & N. Chickens were my responsibility when I was a kid on the farm...maybe I learned something from them! (*>*)
Bluerose said…
This looks so cute! I like that there's a discussion guide in the back, too!
Sandee said…
Sounds like a very inspirational read. You did this review very nicely.

Have a blessed day and weekend. ☺
Michelle F said…
Thank you for the kind comments.
I do hope you check out the book.
Thanks for sharing your lovely review. I am so proud of you. You have a cool navigation, using your labels...
Miss Kathy said…
Michelle, Thanks for this glowing review! So blessed that you took the time to enjoy Fable Springs and share with your friends. I appreciate you being on our launch team!!
Joy!
Kathy
Michelle F said…
Thanks, Miss Kathy!
Someone did tell me after reading the review they visited Pageant Wagon.xoxo
Cindy said…
So wonderful to have such a great review, so good that it is going to bring sales for you, you are an inspiration, hugs
Michelle F said…
Linda,

Thank you for the encouragement and the help. xoxo
Michelle F said…
Cindy,

Thank you for stopping by and the kind comment about the review.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding