Review: At Home In Last Chance



            Author Cathleen Armstrong debuts her writing with the "A Place To Call Home" series. This is the third book in the series. Therefore I read the first two books to familiarize myself with the characters.
            The first book "Welcome To Last Chance" was a very hard book for me to read. It reminded me of a past I would rather forget. The second book "One More Last Chance" proved to be a bit more enticing.
             The last book of the series "At Home In Last Chance" could be read as a stand-alone book, since the characters are well developed. The reader should get a feel of the characters and flavor of the series just by reading this last book.
             Since this contemporary, 294 page, romance novel was my introduction to author Cathleen Armstrong I was unsure what to expect. However, I am pleased I stayed with the series and did not give up. I do not believe this series is for every reader as there are some touchy situations. Having said that, I do believe if the reader sticks with the series they may actually be encouraged, as I was.

Disclaimer: I received this book free from Revell Reads in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Linda Kay said…
I'd love to read this. My books are a series as well, but each stands independent of the others. The characters appear in subsequent novels.
Dee said…
That sounds like a great story. I like following along with a series, too.

You know, I thought I read a lot, but you certainly have me beat... lol.
Marilyn said…
I really like the way you read the series to present the whole picture to us. When you share how the book affected you it makes your blog more personal. Thank you for your reviews.

Marilyn

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding