Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ Whatever Happened To (?)
It's Time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. We had a week off, last week, to celebrate.
Our dear host, Joyce, was the Mother of the Bride. Congratulations!!
So we begin fresh, and new, this week with some great questions.
This is where Joyce asks the questions, bloggers answer the questions.
If you would like to participate please click the button. Thanks!
(1) What's your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I'm asking for a friend.
A- Never go to bed mad. Pray together, daily.
(2) Before we're too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined as Silver, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, "What were you doing on December 31, 1999?" and "Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?"
A- I was on the computer, as usual, bringing in the new year. I wasn't concerned about Y2K, so we did not prepare for it. I have a lot of friends who did, tho. Some going as far as stock-piling food(s) that would last them years.
(3) According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn't a word. It's the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that's not a word be the most used word, I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
A- Can I say 2 words? `Oh, My!`
(4) Speaking of words, it's that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year's top vote getters are-
bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and - nation (a suffering sports suffix).
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you would like to add?
A- Polar Vortex (The winter of 2014 was horrible, yet I didn't hear about polar vortex til more recent. With that in mind, I think in our area, it is over-used. Because so far we have had lots of rain with much milder temps than 2014)
Hack (I am so tired of hearing where someone has hacked into a computer. We don't use online banking, for that reason. Our bank uses computers, of course, and tells us they are safe. Makes a person wonder with all the hacking issues going on.)
I think Terrorism should be added. (It seems like they are calling lots of criminal action `terrorism`.)
(5) January is National Hot Tea month. Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
A- Yes, I am a fan. I love flavored tea(s). Most recently my favorite is Chia Tea w/ milk. I do have a favorite cup. It is a clear, glass cup with different words of Christmas written on, and around it. It varies daily as to how many cups I drink. If it is an especially cold day I will drink more. However, presently, hubby and I are on the Daniel Fast which means no hot tea.
(6) Whatever happened to the McDonald's notorious glasses sold in the 70's?
(7) What is one book on your must-read list this winter?
A- Like A Flower In Bloom (Siri Mitchell)
(8) Insert your own random thought here: