Review: The Secret of Pembrooke Park



        The year is 1818 and the Foster family is facing financial ruin. The family is offered Pembrooke Park as a place to reside for twelve months. The abode was last occupied in 1800.
         Early in the novel I could sense a bit of suspense and had premonition of frightening turn of events. This added to the excitement of the book. This is an entertaining novel, definitely one that keeps you riveted.
         The reader may be interested to note that some of Jane Austen's works are referenced in this novel.
          This 456 page historical fiction novel is author Julie Klassen's longest work to date. I look forward to reading more works by this author, and especially thankful to have some on my Kindle. I recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys reading a challenging, suspenseful novel.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

I am linking this post up to Literacy Musing Monday's

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean