Review: Empowered By His Presence



            Most people are satisfied to just meander through life. In this book, author Kevin G. Harney suggests Christians can live an empowered life through Christ.
            In this daily devotional the reader is taken into the life of a different Biblical character each day. There are four sections each divided into six short chapters. Each are intended for five days of reading, then a weekend session. At the end of each section are `Resources for Living an Empowered Life`.
            I found the scripture references, which are listed daily, to be insightful. Taking time to approach this book as a daily guide can be very enlightening. I used the NIV Bible to look up the scripture verses as the book only had references rather than printed out verses. I liked this since I would rather look up the scripture and read it myself. On the `Journal and Personal Reflections` pages the author brought up some very thoughtful questions.
            As a whole I would recommend this book to anyone who desires to live an empowered Christian life.

I am linking this post to Literacy Musing Monday's

Disclaimer: I received this book free from Baker Books through the Baker Books Bloggers program. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™