New Research: What Kids Want In Books

Merry Christmas! Books are a great addition to the Christmas list.
To make shopping even easier Scholastic recently released new data titled `What Kids Want in Books` - a "sneak preview" from a new national survey of children ages six - 17 and their parents. Below you will find the `preview` of the report from the fifth edition of the Scholastic Kids & Family Reading Report*. The full report is due out January 2015. You will also find handy links for parents and teachers.



Press Release          Parent Resources          Teacher Resources

Reading Report pdf (one page pdf to print out)



Disclaimer: Many thanks to Michael Barrett, Scholastic, for supplying me with the information for this post. I was not compensated in any way to post this information.

I am linking up with The Book Nook at Create With Joy.

I am linking up with Throwback Thursday at Mom's Small Victories.

Comments

That is an interesting list. We have no children to buy for right now but I like that they said they want to laugh!
Michelle F said…
Hi, Debby!

Our guys are grown now and they don't have children, yet.
However, reading was big on the agenda while growing up. So much so that our youngest is majoring in Journalism.
I also like the fact children want books that make them laugh. One of our guys favorite series was Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.

xoxo
Linda Kay said…
I think my 7 year old grandson would agree with the laughter, he likes the Rush Limbaugh books about history
Michelle F said…
Hi, Linda Kay,

Your grandson may enjoy the Dover History Coloring Book `Story of the American Revolution`, carried by Scholastic. I believe even an adult would enjoy coloring in this informative book.

xoxo
Sandee said…
Well this is great stuff to know. I didn't know this.

Have a fabulous day. :)
Michelle F said…
Hi, Sandee!

Yes, I agree! I found this interesting, too. Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo
Create With Joy said…
Thank you for sharing this wonderful post with us at The Book Nook at Create With Joy!

This info was too good not to pass along so congrats for being featured at our 2nd party!

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.Com
Michelle F said…
Thank you!

I am headed your way! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello