CatchAll Questions...

Every once in a while I come across a blog with some great getting to know you questions.
My friend, Debby, has such questions posted on her blog Just Breathe.
To be fair, Debby found these questions from two of her friends blogs, Betty at A Bench With A View and her IRL friend `Headless Mom` at The Headless Family. As I understand, anyone can play. So if you do answer these please let me know so I can come read your answers, too. There are actually (2) sets of questions.

Set (1)

(1) What is your favorite Christmas song?



(2) Pumpkin or Pecan Pie?

A- I like both, so it depends on my taste at the time. However, my least favorite is Chocolate Pecan Pie. I like chocolate, but not both together.

(3) Did you go to any of your high school reunions?

A- Yes...one. I was a loner in school, definitely not a popular kid. So, high school reunions are not on my list of priorities. I seek out other ways to stay connected with those classmates who were truly friends.

(4) What was the last book you read?

A- `The Secret of Pembrooke Park`. You may read my review here.

(5) Favorite day of the week and why?

A- Not sure if I have a favorite day of the week.

(6) Have you ever been hunting?

A- No, but I do love to eat wild game. bear, squirrel, alligator, gopher turtle, duck...

(7) Facebook, friend or foe?

A- Foe...I do not trust the ever-changing Facebook.


(8) Did you play board games as a child? What was your favorite one?

A- Yes, I don't remember ever winning. I don't remember any of them being my favorite.
If I had to choose one, maybe Chinese Checkers, I loved played with the marbles.

(9) Do you play the lottery?

A- Nope, I don't gamble.

(10) Cat or dog?

A- I think some dogs are beautiful and I would love to own one that is well trained.
However, I must go with cat(s) since I haven't had any luck training dogs.
There are some beautiful cats, too. Like our cat, Smokey, who sleeps with us.

Set (2)

(1) When did you get your ears pierced?

A- I was 13. My ex-SIL used an ice cube, needle and thread. My mom didn't want me to get them pierced, yet. Would you believe I had problems with them closing up and finally just let them close up. I haven't worn earrings in years.

(2) Where was the first place you remember driving when you got your license?

A- to work

(3) What was your first car?

A- Ford Granada (My favorite car I owned was a Pontiac T1000)

(4) How many children did you want when you were young? How many do you have?

A- I wanted several children, boys and girls. I have 3 boys.

(5) Do you have a garden? What is your favorite thing to grow? (veg or flower? Something else?)

A- No

(6) What was the name of your first pet? Is there a story to go along with the name?

A- Tippy, a Rhodesian Ridgeback

(7) What was the cutest thing one of your children has ever said? (Substitute niece or nephew if you aren't a parent)

A- One of the cutest conversations I remember was between my son and niece. They are 3 years apart, my niece being older. My son was at the age where he asked `why` a lot. Finally, in exasperation, my niece said, `why, why, why` is that all you know how to say?

(8) What is your favorite age of children, in general, (i.e. baby, toddler, school-age, teen, etc.)?

A- I will say teen.

(9) What is your middle name?

(10) What dessert flavor is your LEAST favorite?

A- Lemon


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! (2014)



Comments

Michelle, thank you so much for playing along. Mary Did You Know is a beautiful song. Your definitely an avid reader. Cats make nice pets, we just happen to be allergic. I love training dogs! Yep that's how my ears were pierced too. Lemon is my favorite too!
Michelle F said…
Debby,

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and commenting. Yes, I am an avid reader. I prefer it over t.v.

Merry Christmas!!
Sandee said…
I love your favorite Christmas song. Lovely.

Have a fabulous day and a very Merry Christmas. ☺
Michelle F said…
Thanks, Sandee!

Merry Christmas!!
Linda Kay said…
Michelle, I was watching that A Capella contest the other night and the Pentatonix were on there....they had won the competition previously. I did not know that and was surprised to see them. They are really great. Enjoyed the answers to your questions.
Michelle F said…
Linda Kay,

I had not heard of Pentatonix until you asked me if I was the one who suggested them. No, sorry, I was not the one who suggested them. But, after hearing them, I like them. While I was playing this song earlier today my son said, `That sounds like Pentatonix`. Of course, I told him he was right. Apparently this group is pretty well known. I need to do some research to find out when the group began.

Merry Christmas!!
Dee said…
Mary Did You Know is my favorite Christmas song, too and I just posted the same song yesterday. I loved reading your answers. It's always fun to learn things about your new blogging friends.

Merry Christmas to you... :)
If you want to try dog, I would suggest a German Shepherd, my favorite. They train easily and are loyal, protective, and smart! :-) I love cats too, but they're not devoted like dogs are. Lemon is probably my favorite, as long as the dessert is a good recipe and well made. Hope you have a nice weekend.
Michelle F said…
Judy, thanks for the suggestion.
My brother's first dog was a German Shepard. I do remember that dog being loyal. My brother still owns & loves dogs. However, my aunts German Shepard was only loyal to her family and tried to attack me once. So, I've given up on dogs. I do think most are very beautiful and I envy those who have a big beautiful dog that is well trained.
bj said…
...fun reading your answers. :)
June Caedmon said…
It was fun getting to know you a little better. We would have the same answers to many of these questions. My first pet (a dog) was named Tippy, too! I hope your Christmas was blessed - wishing you all JOY in 2015!
Michelle F said…
Hi, June!

I enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you for having a well-rounded Christian blog.
I look forward to seeing what God has planned for 2015.
Interesting that your first pet's name was Tippy, also.


Have a Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding