Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Thanksgiving American Style
Welcome to another week of Hodgepodge Wednesday.
This is when Joyce asks the questions, bloggers answer.
If you would like to participate please click the button.
(1) Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?
A- I play UNO most every Thursday with a group of ladies we call the UNO Ladies. U (Unselfish) N (Neighbourly) O (Outreach) Not only do we play UNO we also do missions work through our church. Today the UNO Ladies served lunch to a group after a funeral. We also do fun things for our group. Next week will be our Christmas Party. I have not worked a puzzle this week. I actually thought about getting my puzzle book out last night, but didn't. Does that count?
(2) What is one place you were thankful for this year?
A- I am thankful I have a warm, dry place to live.
(3) Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which one is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving Day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the U.S., answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
A- Take a nap
(4) Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?
A- I love it when hubby fires-up the grill and cooks steak. That doesn't happen very often so it's a special treat.
(5) What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
A- We don't have t.v. reception, so I have no idea what's out there now. When we did have t.v. I always thought those Chia Pets were cute.
(6) Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
A- This past Saturday hubby got our money out of the Christmas fund. There are 5 of us. Out of the 5, 3 have purchased some of their Christmas. We're not finished yet, but headed that way. The only shopping we will be doing on Black Friday is grocery shopping. I think stores should let their employees off for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Most of our shopping is done online.
(7) What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
A- Well, I'm thankful for these past few days of warmer weather where we can open up the windows and let the fresh air in. To me that is beauty. But, something that is an everyday thing I'm not sure. I am thankful for the gentle love of my husband, which is beautiful and a daily thing. So I guess it depends on each persons perspective of beauty.
(8) Insert your own random thought here.
A- I am pleased and excited about my new Christmas gift of cast iron cookware. We were able to purchase the cookware at our local Cracker Barrel without the huge cost of shipping fees. I look forward to cooking with these products for many years to come. Happy Thanksgiving!