Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Gratitude



Welcome to another week of Hodgepodge Wednesday.
Joyce asks the questions and bloggers answer.
If you'd like to participate please click the button.

(1) What's something you take for granted, that when you stop to think about it you feel truly grateful for?

A- Washing clothes or the dishes. It's something that must be done over and over. So it becomes very much a routine. But, when I stop to think, I am grateful I have a family I can serve.

(2)  The color brown - love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown.

A- Autumn can have some beautiful brown leaves. So I am neutral on the color brown. My favorite shade is tan. My favorite brown item is a pair of brown pants.

(3) What's something you look forward to today?

A- Not necessarily looking forward to it...but, I finally get my chipped front tooth fixed. It feels weird every time I move my lips. So, because of that I guess I am looking forward to going to the dentist.

(4) The word `feminism` is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?

A- This is one I really need to do more research on. I actually haven't thought that much about it.

(5) What is something you personally can't eat without making a mess?

A- Spaghetti - I usually wear a napkin bib for that purpose

(6) When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?

A- Monday, I took a friend out to lunch. It was a special time. I had not seen her since her wedding. Also, I took another friend a Bath & Body Works product when she invited me to her house.

(7) Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric, or scripture relating to gratitude.

A- Joy is the simplest form of gratitude ~ Karl Barth

(8) Insert your own random thought here:


Comments

April said…
"Great is Thy Faithfulness"...gives me goosebumps every time I hear it!
Joyce said…
I love that hymn...one of my favorites. Good luck at the dentist. That's probably one of those things I don't enjoy, but am grateful for all the same : )
Isn't it amazing that any little chip in a tooth drives your curious tongue just crazy until it gets fixed! Love 'Great is Thy Faithfulness.' Have a wonderful day.
Linda Kay said…
I love that song. I had a front tooth pulled and realigned with a bridge to correct a the crooked one, and I was so happy to have it done. But, like you, it's a scary process.
Sandee said…
What a great post. Being thankful is so important. Your perspective is spot on.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Hope your dental appointment went well. I'm thinking that I need to start wearing a bib again....LOL! That is a beautiful song, I really like it.
Marci Smith said…
I really enjoyed reading through your responses and I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. I, too, am a Jesus girl and love find blogs to read written by women who love Him too. :)
http://www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com
Marci
Xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding