Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ A Veteran Tribute



Welcome to another week of Hodgepodge Wednesday.
Joyce asks the questions and bloggers answer.
If you'd like to participate please click the button.

(1) We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a soldier, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If your not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.

A- Both my husband and I are related to several armed forces soldiers. They have either fought and have gone on to be with the Lord, served and are now retired, or are still serving. The last time I interacted with a soldier was last month, when my husband's nephew came to visit us. On November 9, our church recognized our veteran members with a ceremony and food. We fed the veterans and their families. I made a Pepperidge Farm banana pudding.

(2) You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?

A- Books

(3) When did you last receive an invitation in the `real` mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an `early responder` or a `last minute, barely-under-the-wire` kind of guest?

A- I received an invitation for our Classic's get-together, over the summer. Yes, I did attend. When it comes to RSVP-ing, I am an early responder. I try to respond the same day I receive the invitation, if I can. I have been known to be the first to respond and, in some cases, the only one to respond.

(4) What's something you really don't like to waste?

A- Energy

(5) Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?

A- Of the ones listed I can name on one hand the amount I've seen them. None of them appealed to me so much that I just had to watch them.

(6) What decision are you glad you made?

A- Marrying my hubby!! I love you hubby!!

(7) In this month of `Thanksgiving` what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?

A- I guess I live a very boring life...I can't think of anything.

(8) Insert your own random thought here:


Comments

Joyce said…
I especially loved two of your answers-books and energy! One can never have too many books : )
Linda Kay said…
Great Hodge Podge answers,Michelle. Enjoyed your thoughts on these questions....The shows mentioned were very entertaining, so if you get a chance, you might want to revisit them.
Michelle F said…
Thanks, Joyce!

Yes, I love books. The more, the merrier.
I figure energy could have more than one meaning. Physical energy, electric energy, ...
Love your answer about books and energy. I prefer books to kindles.
Sandee said…
Hubby has a kindle, but I'm still reading books. I just love the smell of a good book. Great job.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™