Review: Abraham (Charles R. Swindoll)






List Price: 22.99
ISBN: 978-1-4143-8063-6
Trim Size: 6 X 9
Binding: Hardcover
Release: August 2014
Religion/Christian Life/General








                   Abraham: One Nomad's Amazing Journey Of Faith, is a 267 page biography of the account of the Jewish Patriarch Abraham, based on the Biblical book of Genesis. It is an in-depth book for those searching for a deeper understanding of the Christian faith.
                   This was a challenging book for me to read in that it inspired reflection on my own faith. Do I believe in Creator God? Do I believe God is for me and not against me? For many years I delayed getting to know God intimately, thinking, "I'll have time for that in my older years." However, as Pastor Charles Swindoll points out, getting to know God intimately is a gradual process.
                    I found it interesting that Pastor Charles stated, "Few periods from ancient history are as well documented by artifacts and inscriptions as is the time of Abraham (pg 3)." I believe God planned it this way so we would have tangible proof of Abraham's existence.
                    Through the course of Abraham's life he learned to walk by faith and not by sight. The believer would do well to learn this as well. Something I am still learning. It's a daily process.
                    This is a very informative book on the life and times of Abraham. I would recommend it to the reader who wants a cohesive, yet appealing book on faith. I give this book 5* out of 5*

Read: First Chapter
Subscribe: Pastor Swindoll's Daily Devotional
Connect: Pastor Chuck on Twitter
Connect: Pastor Chuck on Facebook


Author Spotlight:



Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the accurate, practical teaching and application of God's Word and His grace. A pastor at heart, Chuck has served as a senior pastor to congregations in Texas, Massachusetts, and California. Since 1998, he has served as the founder and senior pastor-teacher of Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, but Chuck's listening audience extends far beyond a local church body. A leading program in Christian broadcasting since 1979, Insight for Living airs in major Christian radio markets around the world, reaching people groups in languages they can understand. Chuck's extensive writing ministry has also served the body of Christ worldwide, and his leadership as president and now chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary has helped prepare and equip a new generation of men and women for ministry. Chuck and his wife, Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children, ten grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.


Disclaimer: Tyndale House Publishers provided this book to me free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

I am linking up with Saturday Sharefest

Comments

Sandee said…
Hubby would love this book. He loves to read these types of books. We are both more spiritual than religious. We do believe in the creator though.

Have a blessed day. ☺
Grantham Lynn said…
I love your background with the books. Did I tell you? I think this book sounds great. I would have liked to review it. I am still waiting on offers. God's timing. Thanks for coming by. You Blessed me. It is back to hot here. 90 today. No a/c in my car. Whew!
Have a great evening.
Sherry
Michelle F said…
Hi Sandee!!

This is a very thorough book on the Christian faith. I do hope your hubby will read it.

Blessings!
Michelle F said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle F said…
Hi Sherry!

Thank you for commenting on my background. I'm glad you like it.

My hubby's car does not have a/c. So I know he is glad the temps probably won't reach 90 for a while. I like it in the 70's. Just right :)

Yes, God's timing on the reviews.
I am looking forward to the Christmas book I ordered.
Linda Kay said…
The faith walk is a long process and I am understanding more over time. I love Beth Moore studies, and she does a marvelous job with Paul and his journeys. Many of these are available on the Internet, so you might want to check her out.
Michelle F said…
Hi Linda Kay!

I love Beth Moore. I did her new study `Children of the Day' over the summer.
Thank you for the recommendation.
Marilyn said…
I love your book review! Your description of the book makes me want to read it. Thanks for including background on the author.
Michelle F said…
Hi Marilyn,

Thank you so much for dropping by.
I appreciate your comments and hope you do read the book. Glad you liked the background on the author.

Have a great evening!

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding