Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ It's National Grouch Day


To join Wednesday Hodgepodge just click the above button.
This is a weekly meme where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers answer.

(1) What's your favorite time of day? Why?
A- Mornings..I am more alert and that's when I have my quiet time.

(2) Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender....which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
A- It's a toss between the toaster and the coffee maker.

(3) It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
A- When I have a headache, if I didn't get enough sleep, or if I'm accused of doing something I didn't do.

(4) Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are - Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
A- I have never been to Canada. However, I would like to visit. From the pictures on Trip Advisor Vancouver looks the most appealing to me.

(5) What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
A- I loved macaroni and cheese (what kid doesn't. Right?) I still enjoy it as long as it is creamy and not dry.

(6) Do you cry easily?
A- Well, I'm told I carry my feelings on my sleeve. So if the case warrants it yes I do.

(7) Have you started your (gasp) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
A- We have not started our Christmas shopping. Hubby can cash in on his Christmas fund in November. We have started thinking about it and I know what I would like to get. In August I bought my first Lodge Cast Iron Skillet from Cracker Barrel, and I love it! So I would love to get more Lodge Cast Iron products.

(8) Insert your own random thought here.
Since we are observing Grouch Day...

Comments

Joyce said…
After my daughter gets married she is moving to Washington State. I have a list of places to see on that side of the continent, and Vancouver is one of them. I think it will happen : ) Enjoy your day!
A Joyful Chaos said…
Headaches have a way of sapping my cheerfulness too. Thankfully I only have them two or three times a year.
Nonnie said…
Your answers to number 3 are all things that can cause a person to be grouchy. Macaroni and cheese is something I really like now, but never as a child. I don't ever remember it being on the menu at our house, and I'm not sure why. Have a great day and thanks for the fun video. I will check it out on my computer.
I loved macaroni and cheese too! But my mom made it from scratch. I always put ketchup on it. My kids, on the other hand, hate 'real' macaroni and cheese and much prefer Kraft. LOL

I think I'd like to visit Vancouver too. Too many choices. :-)
P.S. I would follow you, but it seems that you're on Google+, not GFC. (so I can't.) Sorry.
Sally Henry said…
How did I not even think of Oscar the Grouch for Grouch day? Sheesh - what a missed opportunity! Loved your answers - i'll have to check out that cast iron cookware! have a great day!
Michelle F said…
Hi Joyce,

Washington state is a place I would love to visit. I imagine it is very beautiful!

Thanks for dropping by and for hosting this weekly meme. Have a great day!
Michelle F said…
A Joyful Chaos,

Yes, headaches have a way of zapping our cheerfulness. I am glad I don't get them very often. When I do I head to bed. If sleeping doesn't get rid of it I take ibuprofen then head back to bed.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great day!
Michelle F said…
Hi Nonnie,

I loved mac `n` cheese as a child. I like lots of sauce with it and not from a box. I like the real thing.

I hope you enjoy the video.
Have a great day!
Michelle F said…
Cranberry Morning,

Sometimes I like ketchup on Mac `n` Cheese. I have to be in the mood for it. Same way with eggs.

I think Vancouver looks so peaceful.
The other places look too busy.
If I have a choice I'd like to go somewhere relaxing.

I would love for you to follow me.
Maybe on Bloglovin`

Thanks for thinking of me.
Have a great day!
Michelle F said…
Hi Sally,

LOL..Oscar is the first I thought of.
I haven't seen Sesame Street in years, but it sorta sticks with a person.

Do check out the cast iron by Lodge.
I love it because it's already seasoned and easy to maintain.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great day!
Sandee said…
I'm in my 60s and I still love mac and cheese. It has to be creamy though. It's not good if it's dry.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Michelle F said…
Hi Sandee,

I agree! I need lots of sauce.


Have a great day!
Valerie said…
Dropping over from the hodgepodge. Love your Oscar the Grouch at the bottom. I hadn't thought of Sesame Street in years. =)
Blessings,
Valerie
Michelle F said…
Hi Valerie,

Thanks for dropping by.

Our sons are now grown men.
But, back in the day we watched a lot of Sesame Street. Every time one got really sick they wanted to watch the video we had of Big Bird's visit to the hospital. We still have that video for sentimental reasons :)
I love Oscar the Grouch! When D H is a little grouchy the grandchildren call him Grumpy instead of Grampy!
Michelle F said…
Oscar the Grouch is cute in his own special way. Isn't he?


Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you enjoy your day :)
Enjoyed reading how you answered the questions. Hope your having a great week.
Michelle F said…
Thanks Debby!

Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello