Hodgepodge Wednesday - A Time in History



Hodgepodge Wednesday brought to you by Joyce at From This Side of The Pond

(1) On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history - 9/11
Will you mark it in some special way?
A- I am usually not one in marking special days. However, I meet with a group of ladies on Thursdays. So, I'll see what they have planned. My husband plays in a band on Thursday's and this Thursday will be special music night.

(2) Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
A- Yes, I still listen to a real radio. However, I love the choice of listening to music on the computer. Either for when the radio gets staticy or if I want to hear particular music. I have a VCR for watching video tapes. So, yes I do still watch them periodically. Even though DVD's seem to be taking over. I am finally learning that most numbers I need can be found quicker, and painlessly, on the internet as opposed to a phonebook. Why is it, back in the day a phonebook was hard to come by? Where now-a-days we get at least 4 every year. Of which, at least 3, are recycled. When traveling my hubby prints out a map from Google maps. We don't have a GPS, so we rely on these maps. Yes, hubby sets an actual alarm clock.

(3) Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
A- I was raised you never discuss religion or politics. Is it just a Southern thing?
Anyhoo, I wish I had more nerve to discuss these things by the looks of our world.

(4) What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving?
 Have you made it yet this month?
A- I would like something with pumpkin, or sweet potato. I have not made this yet.

(5) What's something you know nothing about?
A- How a cell phone is made.

(6) September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music?
If so, what's your favorite piece?
A- Yes, I do like classical music. However, I don't have a favorite piece.

(7) What's the oldest thing you own?
A- I guess it would be the dresses my mom made me over 13 years ago.
They are still good as new and I still wear them.

(8) Insert your own random thought here:
A- I'll leave you with a bit of classical music for your entertainment.




Comments

bj said…
Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge..
Re: comment on my blog, you must have had a hard winter there in Colorado....wow
Linda Kay said…
Michelle, interesting responses to the questions. I do listen to the radio some. My daughter is an account executive with a local radio station and sometimes does ads, so it's fun to listen to her voice. I also have an alarm clock. Kind of structured! ;-)
Sandee said…
I love reading these. You really get to know a person far better.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Me too, I'm craving pumpkin! Enjoy the rest of your week and also liked reading your answers.
Joyce said…
We get four or five phone books, and there is a lot of overlap in them. I should put them directly in the recycling bin when they're delivered, but old habits die hard : ) Enjoy your day!
Life SPW said…
This is my first time visiting your blog. I like the layout and the abundance of christian related links. Thanks for publishing your blog.
Michelle F said…
Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comment.

May you have a great week!
Nonnie said…
Ahhh! Sweet potatoes and pumpkin. So many possibilities.
Thank you for the Strauss Waltzes. I remember an old movie about him called The Great Waltz. It was pretty good.
Michelle F said…
Hi Nonnie,

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a great rest of the week!
HOOTIN ANNI said…
#7....good for you!!! I couldn't even fit into anything I owned last year.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean