Hodgepodge Wednesday- It's Seasonal
To join Wednesday Hodgepodge just click the above button.
This is a weekly meme where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers answer.
(1) Are the leaves turning color where you live? Have they begun to fall?
Will you have to rake when it's all said and done? Is that a chore you love or loathe?
A- Yes, the leaves have begun to change color and fall. I have adult sons who do the chore of raking, but sometimes I help. It's a great time to be outside with my sons.
(2) When did you last shake like a leaf?
A- I am having a hard time recalling this act.
(3) After 20 seasons with the NY Yankees, Derek Jeter played his last official game Sunday afternoon. Jeter has been described even by opponents as a `class act`, both on and off the field. The NFL is back in action this month too, with several players in that sport also making headlines. What are your thoughts on athletes as role models? Should a professional athlete be expected to act as role model or is that going beyond their job description? What responsibility do the organizations these athletes work for have when it comes to dealing with off the field behavior? Discuss.
A- I am not necessarily a sports fanatic. But I do know many people are. Sports is a great American pastime. That being said I do believe our athletes are role models. They should be expected to act in such a way Americans would be proud to call them a role model who exemplifies our beliefs. The organizations should expect much of the athletes on and off the field. They should be expected to carry out the law and not just give a slap on the wrist.
(4) What season of the year is toughest for you in terms of your health? Why?
A- Well, I haven't been sick with allergies, or otherwise in many years. Amen!
Growing up, the cooler seasons were tougher because of my asthma.
(5) Top six healthy food trends of 2014 according to Eat Well are:
Clean Eating (more veg, less meat, less sodium, limit alcohol and processed foods)
Trash Fish (you know those fish that get caught in fishermen nets and are thrown back? It seems chefs are finding creative ways to make them more appetizing)
Cauliflower (this year's IT vegetable)
Kaniwa (essentially baby quinoa, so like quinoa only smaller)
Fermentation (think pickling except with twists on flavor we're not accustomed to)
Community Supported Food (farms operating with community support/membership)
Okay - so how many of the hot healthy food trends for 2014 have you experienced, encountered, enjoyed? Any you've tried and said ewww? Any on the list you'd like to try before year's end?
A- Cauliflower..I made cauliflower soup. I would like to try clean eating.
(6) In seven words or less, bid September adieu.
Adieu September thanks for the cooler weather!!
(7) What's something on your October calendar that makes you happy just thinking about it?
A- Our local Fall Festival and two upcoming concerts.
(8) Insert your own random thought here:
This is birthday season for a couple of us....