Hodgepodge Wednesday - It's An Age Thing
Joyce, our host is celebrating a birthday this week. So her questions deal with aging.
Happy Birthday Joyce! You can click on the button to visit Joyce and participate.
(1) Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, `You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.` Would you agree? If not why not?
A- Makes sense to me. So yes I agree.
(2) What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birth year, just the same date/same month.
A- According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_21
The Mayflower Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock. (1620)
(3) Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to `have your cake and eat it too.`
A- Can't think of any right off the top of my hat
(4) What's something that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
A- Going to an all day Christian concert and singing with the rest of the gang.
I feel old when my arthritis is hurting.
(5) When did you last do something that was `a piece of cake`?
A- Since we're talking food & I love cooking....made chili in the crockpot.
(6) Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
A- I'd say wisdom improves with age. I believe the older we get the wiser we become.
(7) If Joyce were to have a giveaway when she hits volume 200, what should she give away? By Joyce's calculations, we'll hit volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
A- I'm lost in thought and have no idea.
(8) Insert your own random thought here.