Review: The Trail (Ed Underwood)




List Price: 17.99
ISBN: 978-1-4143-9112-0
Trim Size: 5 1/2 X 7 1/2
Binding: Hardcover
Release: August 2014
Religion/Christian Life/General








My Thoughts:

          I was pulled into this riveting Christian life novel from the start. The characters were quickly introduced and were very personable.
     In response to a challenge to leave their present comfortable home; Matt and Brenda choose different paths to direct them. Matt chooses human logic and Brenda seeks a sign from God. They embark on an expedition in search of God's will for their lives.
     Although this novel focuses on Matt and Brenda and how they approach God, it also emphasizes Preacher Sam and eight principles for discovering God's will.
      I enjoyed learning about the eight principles of knowing God's will. I made a point of highlighting them as I found them.
      Even though this novel was easy to read, I only read one chapter a day, as I wanted to concentrate on each principle and let it speak to me. I was challenged to ask myself, am I all in with Christ? Do I grieve the Holy spirit? Do I know God's voice?
       Each chapter begins with a scriptural reference which is the qualifier of one of the eight principles. The scriptures are taken from the NET Bible and are clearly used within the context of the novel. This novel also has discussion questions making it perfect for group study, for men or women.
        So, what does it mean to follow the will of God? What if we decide to have faith that God has our situation under control. How would that show in our daily walk with God?
        I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Read: 1st Chapter

Visit Ed Underwood's website

Follow Ed Underwood on Twitter

Author Spotlight:












Ed Underwood is a pastor, author, and speaker. In addition to leading Church of the Open Door, Ed has taught Bible school students, seminarians, spoken to packed conferences, and written numerous articles and books. When Ed is not studying, leading, discipling, writing, or speaking, he loves spending time with his wife, Judy, their children, and grandchildren. He enjoys backpacking, and still tries to surf some.

Disclaimer: Tyndale House Publishers provided this book to me free of charge in exchange for an honest review.


I am linking up with Inspire Me Monday
I am linking up with The Book Nook at Create With Joy.

Comments

carol said…
The setup seems a bit odd. Sounds like it's definitely worth reading though.
Grantham Lynn said…
Hi. Thanks for coming by. I am enjoying the linky. Gives me the chance to repost some older ones. I am glad you were blessed.
This sounds like a great book. I am actually trying to get back to reviewing. I've contacted all the houses and haven't heard from them. I am getting anxious! I want to read some good books again! I enjoy your visits and enjoy your reviews!
Have a great Friday.
Sheryr
magnoliasntea said…
I've never read any books by this author or Karen Kingsbury. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. :)
Michelle F said…
Hi Sherry,

I am so glad your blessed by my reviews.
I enjoy doing them.
I will post something to the linky soon.
Michelle F said…
Hi Carol,

Thank you. I have moved some sentences around. I hope that looks better.
Hi Michelle! I haven't read this book, but it sounds very helpful and creatively put forward. It's certainly an important topic and one that's included in the DTS (Discipleship Training School) at YWAM (Youth With A Mission). We were full-time with YWAM for a number of years. God bless!
Michelle F said…
Hi Christina,

Yes, I would recommend this book to both the individual and group study. Also, it's a good idea to highlight each principle so they can be referred to again and again.
Blackberry Lane said…
Hi, I appreciate the book review. Both the story and the author's life seem very interesting.

Re you comment on my grape post, I have enjoyed flavored teas at restaurants, too. It will be fun to experiment!
Michelle F said…
Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind comment.
I always wonder how others perceive my reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello