One Book or One TV Show for a Year...

My writing prompt for today is.....if you had your choice, would you watch only (one) tv show for a year or would you rather read (one) book for a year...and what would it be?

Well, you could probably guess mine, by my blog. But, just to humor you I will say...read a book.

We do not have tv reception, for which I am thankful. I think tv would rot my brain.

Now, which book would I read? I am thinking it would have to be a long one. I would love to take along books in a particular series, but that's not the what the question is asking.

Of course, as a Christian, I could read my Bible. But, for the sake of this question, I will not use that as my answer. Maybe another day, another time.

I would probably read one I have done a review on and forwarded it to another friend to read.
One that is worth another read. One that asks the question `In the future, it's possible to live forever - But at what cost`?


`The Last Christian` (David Gregory)  ~ You can read my review here



Now it's your turn. Do you prefer t.v. or a book and which one? Why?
I'm linking up to SITS Sharefest and Make My Saturday Sweet
and Life As We Know It By Paula and Saturday Soiree Blog Party

Comments

Grantham Lynn said…
I can't believe we haven't run into each other before! I have read that book! It was a few years ago. Interesting you should choose it! I am going to have to find it in storage and read it again. I reviewed it too! I am trying to get back into reviewing!
Well thanks for coming by my Saturday post! You've Blessed me!
Hope you have an amazing weekend!
Sherry
Michelle F said…
Hi Grantham Lynn,

I know...I'm surprised we haven't met each other before. It's nice to meet you, as I think we have a lot in common. I would love to read your review on this book.

I hope you do get back into reviewing. It will be nice to read yours. I only review a book every 3 - 4 weeks. I think this coming week I'll be posting another review.

Have a great weekend!
Helen Fern said…
Visiting you back from the blog hop!! The media I choose depends on my mood. If I'm needing some solitude - give me the book. If I'm just needing to unwind and space, give me the tube!
Michelle F said…
Hi Helen,

Thanks for the visit.
Have a great week.
I would probably say "watch one TV show for a year" but if I picked one book it would be the Bible!
Lisa notes... said…
I'd pick a book too. :) I watch TV now and again, but it does not compare to reading. I've not heard of your choice though--I must go read your review if it's the one book you would read!
Michelle F said…
Hi Lisa,

I really liked that book.
I went as far as loaning it out so others could read it.
It really gives a lot to think about.
Denise :) said…
Easy pick between book and TV ... hands down, book. Now, *choosing* that book in an entirely different matter!! Like you, as a Christian, the Bible would be an easy shoo-in, or Oswald's My Utmost For His Highest. If we could pick a *series* that would be nice -- I'd pick the Mitford series, or The Lord of the Rings, or Little House. But just one-single-book??? This requires a lot of thought!!
Michelle F said…
Hi Debby,

The Bible is a good choice.
Our church, as a whole, is reading through the Bible this year.
It will take me all year to read it...
Michelle F said…
Hi Denise,

I like `Little House`
I tried reading the Mitford series, couldn't get into it.
I have been thinking of retrying the `Lord of the Rings`


I'm not sure what series I would pick.
I like the book I chose because it gives food for thought where America is headed.
At one time I would not have thought of America needing Missionaries.
Now, it is all too real.
Topaz said…
Definitely a book. We have not had cable for many years. We do have an antenna, so we get a few channels. But more and more I am even getting frustrated with that because of the commercials. For the sake of this question, a DVD could be used, but I still would choose a book. Books can be so life-changing, and if I am going to be taking in one thing for a whole year, I would want it to be life-changing. Great question, Michelle!
Michelle F said…
Hi topaz,

Thanks for the encouraging comment.
I hope you have a great week!
Rhonda Albom said…
We went about 10 years without having a television. Now we do, but I would still choose a book. I don't know which one, but it would have to be of travel and adventure.
Michelle F said…
Hi Rhonda,

I like being without t.v., there just anything to watch. Books offer so much more.
Thank you for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding