Hodgepodge Wednesday - Dolphin Week


It's another week of Hodgepodge questions from Joyce at `From
This Side of The Pond. To play along, and visit others, just hit the button.

(1) The best part of waking up is:

A- Making my hubby's breakfast, then reading to him while he eats.
We also spend time in prayer before he leaves for work.

(2) Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for you non-adventure lovers....which would you dislike the least?)  swim with the dolphins in one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten miles from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wildernes via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California Condors?

A- I would love to swim with the dolphins (and manatees). You would not find me tracking Condors..

(3) What is something you fear about old age? Something you look forward to?

A- Well, here in my middle age I realize those older than me are passing on. I am soon going to be in their spot. The next senior citizen. What legacy am I leaving behind? How will I be remembered? I fear for my health since I have diabetes. I fear if I will have health coverage and what kind of medical staff will be taking care of me. I am looking forward to spending my last days with my husband.

(4) Hot sauce...are you a fan? If you answered yes what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1 - 10, how hot is too hot?

A- I like hot sauce on something things, where it would blend in. I like it on chili and spaghetti (with red tomato sauce). Too hot would probably be a 5.

(5) It's been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house?

A- Hopefully they have learned good manners.

(6) What's your favorite movie with a number in its title?

A- Apollo 13

(7) Saturday (August 16) is National Tell A Joke Day...share one here.

A- I can't think of one...

(8) Insert your random thought here.

A- Happy Anniversary to my husband of over 25 years...

Comments

Kathryn said…
Hi Michelle! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm sorry you have diabetes...it's a terrible disease, isn't it? I have read so many testimonials from people who went off of all or most of their diabetic meds just by eliminating wheat...so I'm going to give it a try. I'm going to try to keep up with my posts on this journey, because reading about others' journeys was such a help to me. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! You have a great blog! I'll be back to visit soon :)

Love, Kathryn
Blackberry Lane said…
Happy Anniversary! Great photo and I enjoyed your answers to this week's questions.

Re Lake Lanier...when I was a kid, my parents' best friends from our church had a cabin on Lake Lanier. We would always spend my Aug birthday at the lake cabin. There were 3 of with birthdays within the same weekend. One of those fine Christian men has passed on but there are 2 of us left.
Michelle F said…
Hi, Thank you for your sweet comment.
I have wanted to visit Lake Lanier, but we are always doing something else.

That's wonderful that You all get together to celebrate your birthdays. My mom's birthday is in August. I'm sorry one of your group has passed on.
Michelle F said…
Hi Kathryn, Thanks for the compliment!

Yes diabetes is horrible, the silent, deadly disease.
Sounds like a lovely morning. Good manners are very important. Great movie choice. Happy Anniversary!
Michelle F said…
Thanks Debby! Have a great weekend.
Alexis AKA MOM said…
Ahh you're so sweet making him breakfast and read to him.

Happy Anniversary! Love that photo!
Michelle F said…
Hi Alexis, thank you!
It's something we both enjoy.
I read books from my Kindle.
Oh, he makes the bed, while I fix his breakfast.
Kathryn Ross said…
Blessings, Michelle!Thanks so much for your kind words at The Writer's Reverie. I don't really want to be too specific about my issues since so many people from my past read me, but I try to approach it with a poetic style, attempting to connect with hearts. The heart doesn't need the gory details - just the interior connection.

Congratulations on your anniversary!! Always blessed to see long winded marriages.
Joy to you!
Kathy
Kathryn Ross said…
Hi Michelle! Joy to you and happy anniversary! Always so blessed to see long winded marriages celebrated.

Thanks for your kind words at The Writer's Reverie. I don't like sharing details of past issues - just connecting with kindred hearts through poetic prose. God does the rest.

Taking joy!
Kathy
Michelle F said…
Hi Kathy,

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I totally understand about not being too specific about past issues. That is in the past, today is new.
I have changed my settings and hope that helps. Thank you so much for the suggestion of changing my settings.
Kathryn Ross said…
Hi Michelle - trying to post since you changed the settings. Hope this works! Blessings!
Joy!
Kathy
Michelle F said…
Thanks Kathryn..I really appreciate you doing that.
Marilyn said…
I loved reading your answers to the questions posed. I thought you would be one to swim with the dolphins or manatees.

What a huge blessing we had being with you to celebrate 46 years of your marriage! (and many more)

God bless you!
Marilyn
Michelle F said…
Hi Marilyn,

Thank you! You guys are such a blessing to us. We enjoyed our stay.
Looking forward to celebrating many more.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello