A - Z Homemaking Meme

Today I am introducing a fun get-to-know you meme. I saw Barbara at Stray Thoughts had this posted, and actually her & I are a lot alike. Be sure to go read her's as well. You may just find a new friend :)
Please let me know if you do this so I can come read yours.

(A) Aprons - Y/N If Y what does your favorite look like?
This is an apron I won. I forget where/how I won it.


(B) Baking - Favorite thing to bake.
Cookies and Brownies. I don't cook cakes or homemade pies. Baking is just not my thing.

(C) Clothesline - Y/N?
No, however I don't get these new fangled, computerized dryers that sanitize your towels.

(D) Donuts - Have you ever made them?
Yes, years ago...with biscuit dough. So I cheated!

(E) Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday.
Cooking, and actually I love it. I always cook from recipes and it's always something different.

(F) Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No, and I have been thinking on this lately. However, we don't have a place to put one.

(G) Garbage Disposal - Y/N
No, sometimes I wish we had one. But then I think something could actually go down this not suppose to.

(H) Handbook - what is your favorite homemaking resource?
The internet, especially Pinterest. I'm not even sure if I have a homemaking handbook.

(I) Ironing- Love it or hate it?
It's a love/hate relationship. I do like how fresh the clothes look after ironing. But, I don't like to do it.
So I haven't ironed in a long time. Thank God for clothes that don't have to be ironed.

(J) Junk Drawer - Y/N - Where is it?
Yes, it's in the kitchen. It mainly has medicine and manuals in it. No small children here so it's ok.

(K) Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme?
Well, the walls are off-white and I really don't have a decorating scheme. There are plaques on the wall.
One plaque reads `Meals in my kitchen ~ Seasoned with love`

(L) Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
As mentioned before, I love to cook. Most of my cooking is done on the stove-top. I don't deep fry, so things like french fries get cooked in the oven. I also love it when hubby helps me make breakfast for supper.

(M) Mop - Y/N
I use a Rubbermaid Reveal. I love not having to worry about a bucket of water.

(N) Nylons - wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I would was by hand. I rarely wear them. Maybe to church, then home to take them off.
So then their not that dirty. So I will wear them another time without washing them.

(O) Oven - Do you use the window to check on things or do you open the door?
I wish mine had a window. Then I would look though it. For now I have to open the door.

(P) Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Pepperoni, black olives, sausage, cheese

(Q) Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read a book to review, listen to music, crochet

(R) Recipe Card Box - Y/N
Yes, I have inherited my mom's recipe boxes of various sizes. I also have binders and cookbooks.

(S) Style of house
We have always rented, so I didn't get to choose. My perfect house would be a cute cottage.

(T) Tablecloth and napkins - Y/N
No, we use paper towels for napkins and we don't have a tablecloth.
I do have cloth napkins I use at Christmas.

(U) Under the sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
It is organized

(V) Vacuum - How many times per week?
My son tries to vacuum once a week.

(W) Wash - How many loads per week?
About 8 - 10

(X) Do you make a daily to-do list and check it off as you do things?
The only to-do list I keep is that of appointments. I keep the appointment cards on the calendar and take them off after the visit.

(Y) Yard -Y/N - Who does what?
We don't have much grass, just a lot of dirt. Hubby takes care of the yard.

(Z) Zzzz's - What is the last homemaking task you do for the day before you go to bed?
Don't know if this is homemaking, but I make sure our cell phone is plugged in to charge.
We don't have a landline, so we have to make sure the cell phone is charged.

I'm linking up to Friendship Friday at Create With Joy.

Comments

bj said…
How fun this was to read....:)
Bluerose said…
It's fun seeing other people's homemaking preferences. I'm amazed I've survived as a homemaker. ;) Ironing is probably my least favorite chore of all time! I only iron clothes once a week for Sunday morning worship. (I don't even iron for Wednesday night Bible class!)I don't overly like cooking, either, though I do it. I enjoy a clean house and a home cooked meal, though, so I push through! :)
Alexis AKA MOM said…
What fun my dear :)

You had me at Apron and Baking ... lol
JoyAnne said…
I wouldn't even attempt to do this meme, my answers wouldn't be interesting at all, lol!
Michelle F said…
Bluerose, I'm sure you make an excellent homemaker.
Michelle F said…
JoyAnne,
I would love to read your answers.
Barbara H. said…
I hadn't heard of computerized dryers that sanitize towels. Interesting! I wash towels in hot water and dry them on hot for that purpose.

Not having a place for the freezer is the one reason we haven't gotten one before this house.

How neat to have your mom's recipes! My mo didn't use many - she worked full time so used a lot of prepared foods.

I wish I loved to cook. I do like to eat and can't afford to eat out all the time, so I guess it's inevitable. :) I don't mind so much once I get started, but usually it feels like an interruption to something else I am doing.
Michelle F said…
Hi Barbara,

Yes, from what I understand the dryer and washing machine are hooked up together (?) which allows for sanitizing the towels.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding