Review: Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes






Price: $13.99
Format: Trade Paperback
ISBN: 9781601420091
Release: 5/5/2009
Fiction/Contemporary



               This is Robin Jones Gunn eighth book in her sisterchick series. I have read four others in this series and looked forward to reading this fun Christian chick-lit. It is endorsed by several authors including Karen Kingsbury and Tricia Goyer.
               As we begin the story Summer is listening while the medical assistant informs her the test result is abnormal and a biopsy is needed. Despite hearing the results she has plans to go to Holland to visit Noelle, her pen pal for the past forty years.
               With each sisterchick book I read I ask myself, "Is this book really fiction?" Robin has a way of pulling the readers into the novel as if we are actually living it. I think of friends I would love to go on an adventure with.
                This story filled me with compassion, I was eager to listen as they talked, and a vicarious participant as they traveled the Netherlands.
                 I found this book to be quite informative. The Dutch still wear wooden shoes, especially in the Spring when it is wet and rainy. The shoes are also appropriate on the farm or in the garden.
                 I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading chick-lit, or is interested in traveling to Holland. The back of the book has a reader's guide which would make this a fun book study.

Author's Website

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding