Almost Heaven

                                                           Cover: Almost Heaven

              The cover as well as the name drew me to this book, with a simple graphic of the sky, earth and a mandolin. I could only imagine what this paperback book "Almost Heaven" would be like.
              This novel is told by Billy Allman, a man who had a life full of pain and setbacks. He lost his dad when he was young, his mom died several years later and his dog, who was his best friend, died in a freak accident. The positive aspects of Billy's life was his own radio station and a woman named Callie.
               Billy and his parents lost everything they had when a dam burst. The only thing saved was the mandolin Billy's dad had taught him to play. Billy used this gift to praise the One who had given it.
               I was amazed at what all Billy was willing to go through to see the dream God gave him come true. He had begun to feel useless to God or anybody else. Then he realized it was no longer about him but God's love and His call. Billy saw God as his provider and fully trusted Him.
               I felt I came to know Billy as a real person. His feelings touched my feelings. He valued his integrity above anything else, and his faith in Jesus was real.
               I give this book 5 out of 5 stars for showing the love God has for all mankind.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own.".

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™