Dancing with My Father (by) Sally Clarkson

 
                            This book asks the reader, "Is it possible to live as a joyful Christian in this fallen world?"
                            From the beginning of the book, the author focuses on having joy at the center of our lives. To find the joy of walking with God, minute by minute, it takes a personal commitment. The reader must choose joy. It takes effort and prayer but, the reader will reap great rewards.
                            What drew me to this particular book? My earthly father recently passed away. The last time I saw him we danced together. The joy and contentment I found by dancing with my father I have been able to transfer to my heavenly father.
                             As Sally states, "Walking in Joy is simply believing in Him, turning our eyes on Him, leaning on Him. Simple faith."
                             I feel that Sally does a good job portraying the tests we walk through on our way to joy. I would definitely recommend this book to someone who is seeking joy, or one with abundant joy, to encourage them in their walk with the Lord.
                             If you would like to learn more about Sally, please visit her website at I Take Joy 
                             If you would like to order this book please visit Random House 

*This book was provided free for review by the WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group.

Linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays

Comments

Mary Hill said…
I am so sorry that you lost your father recently, but I love how you shared dancing with him. Joy is something we should seek. I will love to check out this book. :>) PS thanks for linking up with us #LMMLinkup.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding