"Thin Places" (by) Mary E. DeMuth

Meet the author of Thin Places, Mary DeMuth.

Author and speaker Mary DeMuth helps people turn their trials to triumph. Her books include Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God; Building the Christian Family You Never Had; Watching the Tree Limbs; Wishing on Dandelions; Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture and the first two books in the Defiance, Texas Trilogy: Daisy Chain and A Slow Burn.
National media regularly seek Mary’s candid ability to connect with their listeners. Her radio appearances include FamilyLife Today, Moody Midday Connection, Point of View and U.S.A. Radio Network and is frequently featured on Chuck Colson’s BreakPoint. She has published articles in In Touch, HomeLife, Writer’s Digest and The Writer.
Mary lives with her husband Patrick and their three children in Texas.

            My Review:
I am so honored to have a chance to read Mary E. DeMuth's memoir `Thin Places`. I did not know what to expect as I eagerly turned the pages. What I found is a book based on grace, a book teetering between this world and eternity. As I continued to read I felt many emotions from satisfaction to grief. I found myself wanting to tell the writer I understand. I feel the same way. It's comforting to know God selects me despite man's sinful nature.
               I find myself so engaged I do not want to put the book down. But, then I am disconcerted as I consider whether to keep reading. I continue expecting things to get better.
               Mary speaks of the healing that only comes to a life fully surrendered to Christ. She wants other women to know that she understands. In her book, Mary is brutally honest. She relives her life through her writing so the reader may fully understand.
                I think the book is very well written and helps to understand the hardships of life.  This book is refreshing in that even with life's problems, Jesus is there to heal us and help us forgive. He gives us grace to carry on.
I encourage you to visit Mary's website. You can order her book through Amazon at Thin Places.

*Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book.

I am re-visiting this post while linking up with Friendship Friday at Create With Joy.

Comments

Karen said…
I agree. I think this book will touch many. Nice review!
A Musing Mom said…
Joyful - I like how you point out that in reading, you understand. I definitely felt like there were places in the book where I felt my own thin places being revealed. And it was healing in that way too. Nice to get another take on a great book.
Joyful said…
Thanks. There were so many places I felt like I was talking to her face-to-face. Like we understand one another. Jesus is so much closer than a brother, or a mom or sister.
I also felt like Mary was speaking right to me. Amazing! Thin Places - read it! So many would benefit from its message.
Thanks for stopping by! Lovely review that you feature here. God bless you.
Thanks for stopping by Eternity Cafe. I enjoyed your review. I too felt like I wanted to tell her "I understand."

'What I found is a book based on grace, a book teetering between this world and eternity." So well said!

Many blessings,
Susan
Hi Joyful! Thanks for visiting my place today.

I know what you mean about wanting to put the book down, but being compelled to keep going. It's a hard read, isn't it? But so worth it. God is so big in Mary's life and He gets all the glory.
Mary DeMuth said…
Thank you for sharing your open, sweet thoughts about the book. I so appreciate it!
Joyful said…
Thank you Mary.
May God truly Bless You.
Amy said…
this is just so wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to link it up for others to see..

Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™