`The Noticer` by: Andy Andrews

I recently became a member for Thomas Nelson’s Book Review Blogger program. For my first book, out of a list of books, I chose `The Noticer` by Andy Andrews.  The story is written in first person, the narrator  “Andy” lives under a pier. He assumes no one knows that he sleeps under the pier all alone. He has a level of distrust in everyone and everything. Then a man named Jones (the Noticer) shows up and reminds him how safe he is. Jones tells him he needs a new perspective on things and to think, learn, pray, and plan. This encounter changed Andy’s life.
Jones is a very wise elderly man, who has a talent for noticing things others would just pass by. He encounters residents as they are privately facing some of life’s challenges. Jones is able to help them have a new perspective.
My first impression was it is an uninteresting book, as it did not `grab my attention`. However, as I kept reading I soon began to enjoy it.
The overall message is that we all need openness to change and perception. I recommend this novel to anyone who wants to explore deepening relationships with others.
I was given the product for free in order to write my honest opinion about the product for the review. Thank you Thomas Nelson.

I am revisiting this post while linking up with Friendship Friday at Create With Joy.

I am linking this post, my first review ever (2009), with The Book Nook at Create With Joy.

Comments

Sheri said…
Hey! Sweet! SO glad you are a reviewer too. It is fun isn't it? Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. Helps me figure out if they (the reviews) are helpful or not.
I will follow this one too.

Have a super weekend sistah!

Sheri
Joyful said…
Hi Sweetie,
Yes, I am having fun reviewing.
I am still learning about reviewing.
But, more importantly I'm trying to figure out blogger.
Thank you for following me.
Love Ya

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding